An ePub eBook is a digital version of a print book that has been optimized for on-screen reading. EPUB (short for electronic publication) is a free and open e-book standard by the International Digital Publishing Forum (IDPF). The text in an ePub eBook is re-flowable, which means that you can change the font, resize the text, or alter the size of your display, and the text will rewrap itself to fit the available viewing area. EPub eBooks also support embedded content, allowing, for instance, a video to be embedded within an eBook.
E-Book Conversions / Enhancements
NPS's content technology experts can help you enhance your production processes more efficiently and affordably create enhanced eBooks to delight your customers. Enhanced eBooks can captivate your readers with unparalleled interactive experiences.
From text books to romance novels, from medical journals to software manuals-we do it all.
Since the advent of eBooks, NPS’s media designers, technologists, and content developers have helped publishers and corporations find innovative ways to create enhanced, interactive content. Our experts take traditionally published content and transform it into exciting enhanced eBook products – converting casual readers into loyal digital customers in the process. Our eBook specialists have in-depth knowledge of the features and functionality supported by the EPUB standard.
Enhanced eBooks include
- Hidden searchable text
- Collapsible tables of contents
- Rich media features including audio, video, and interactivity
- Internal linking - footnotes/annotations/cross references/indexes
- External linking - geolocation/directions/associated websites/social media sites
- Scalable Vector Graphics technologies
We Provide different types of E-Books Such as:
- Re-flowable eBooks
- Fixed Layout eBooks
- Read Aloud eBooks (Text to Speech)
- Text Pop-up eBooks (Magnification for Kindle Devices)
- Media Embedded eBooks (Audio/Video embedded)
- Panel View eBooks (Comic Books with Magnification for Kindle Devices)
eBook conversion is the next evolution in digital publishing. eBooks have revolutionized the publishing industry and has changed the way we read, purchase books, and manage them. The development of eBooks requires technical know-how as well as design and editorial expertise. eBooks need to be designed, and developed with format limitations and device specifications in mind. NPS provides a complete range of eBook-related services such as eBook conversions, typesetting, eBook enhancements, customized eBook development, or consulting. We have expertise in creating eBooks with XML workflows, content conversion and delivery mechanisms for various platforms such as iPad, Kindle, Nook and other Android devices.
Our eBook development services include
- Conversion of documents to eBook format (ePUB/ePUB3/Mobi/ePDF/PRC)
- Cover design using supplied artwork, stock images or new Illustrations
- Editing and optimization of the quality of the images within the eBook
- eBook layout design and formatting
- eBook testing, advice and support
We can create an e-Book that is compatible to any of the following display formats
- Kindle Devices
- OeB (Open e-Book is a legacy e-book format primarily on SoftBook Press)
We can create e-Books from hard copy (images / Photos and graphics) displays and from any electronic format such as XML, HTML, FM, Quark, Indesign, MS word, etc...
HTML 5 Enhancements
HTML5 is taking off in the publishing world with the growing popularity of the iPad and tablet reading devices. NPS offers services in the HTML5 working standard, which offers the only cross-platform, cross-device solution for eBook apps. To avoid developing multiple versions of each app, and for greater independence from hardware- and software-makers, publishers are increasingly choosing HTML5 rather than the closed native software of specific devices and platforms.